The McBride Company Completes Design of Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort
Manchester Center, VT, October 13, 2015 – The McBride Company, a creative concept and design firm specializing in hospitality and leisure destinations, today announces details on Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort, a destination resort and entertainment complex set on the legendary Broadwalk in Hollywood Beach, Florida. As the lead interior designer, The McBride Company was commissioned to design the resort’s lobby, eight food and beverage venues - including the new upscale dining restaurant JWB Prime Steak and Seafood, full-service St. Somewhere Spa, extensive water recreation area, and state-of-the-art function space.
“For over 15 years, we’ve partnered with Margaritaville to conceptualize and design restaurants, hotels, and casinos that give guests the opportunity to escape from the pressures of everyday life and experience the laid-back lifestyle of Jimmy Buffett firsthand,” said Pat McBride, CEO of The McBride Company. “Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort explores the various elements of the Margaritaville brand in a new light, demonstrating that it can be coastal-luxe and sophisticated, while still being a lot of fun.”
The McBride Company was tasked with creating a coastal-luxe destination resort that would maintain the iconic Hollywood Beach Broadwalk’s charm while capitalizing on the unparalleled views of the Atlantic Ocean and Intracoastal Waterway.
“We understood the central role design plays in ensuring the overall success of the Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort,” said McBride. “Throughout the duration of the design process, we considered every element in an effort to provide visitors as diverse as families, honeymooners, empty-nesters, and business travelers, with a memorable, comfortable and relaxing stay that ensures they visit again.”
The design highlights of Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort include:
- Signature Décor - The lobby is adorned with unique indoor cabanas that create private niches, as well as a stunning free-form lighting structure made of hundreds of margarita glasses, which artfully nods to the delicate balance between sophistication and fun that the resort aims to achieve through design. A 14 foot tall, blue flip flop serves as a signature décor item in the lobby.
- Spectacular Art Program - An impressive mixed-media mosaic hangs above the reception desk to greet guests and also serves as an introduction to the art program that appears throughout the resort, both in public spaces and guest rooms. The art program features original works of art from local, regional and international artists, helping transport guests into the Margaritaville mindset. Lyrics from Jimmy Buffett’s songs, including “Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude,” hang in public spaces and surfboards are on loan from Buffett’s actual collection.
- JWB Prime Steak and Seafood - The design of the resort’s eight food and beverage venues mirrors the diversity of the menus. Several are open now while others are expected to open in the coming weeks. Options include Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville, LandShark Bar & Grill, License to Chill Bar, Lone Palm Beach Bar, Margaritaville Coffee Shop, 5 o’Clock Somewhere Bar, Floridays Airstream Café, and the new upscale dining restaurant, JWB Prime Steak and Seafood. JWB Prime Steak and Seafood is Margaritaville’s first foray into the upscale dining scene, and when it opens later this year, will reveal a design that is sophisticated, yet never loses the vibrancy and energy that the Margaritaville brand inspires.
- St. Somewhere Spa - The 11,000 square foot St. Somewhere Spa is an incredible tropical oceanfront retreat with eleven treatment rooms, lounges and locker rooms, a wet and thermal lounge, group exercise room, gym, hair and nail salon, steam rooms, monsoon showers and cascade pool.
- Function Space - The resort offers 30,000 square feet of flexible function space. The Compass Rose Ballroom overlooks the Atlantic Ocean and reflects an atmosphere of carefree elegance. With a neutral color palette, the space is designed to adapt to a wide range of social and corporate events. The ballroom features carpeting with a palm branch silhouette; beautiful millwork surrounding the doors; and antique, etched mirrors on the walls. Three special feature crystal and porcelain chandeliers designed to mimic schools of fish provide a nod to the resort’s tropical location.
- Pool Paradise - The beach-level recreation and entertainment scene is lushly landscaped with local vegetation to create an authentic island ambiance. A sprawling pool area features three pools, a FlowRider Double®, waterslide and variety of fun features for families, along with relaxing full-service cabanas for guests. The 11th-floor License to Chill Bar is a mini-destination getaway, featuring a fourth pool that offers a seagull’s view of the Atlantic Ocean.
Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort opened its doors for soft opening in late September and began welcoming its first leisure guests on October 1, 2015. While the majority of the property is open for business, several aspects will be finalized in the coming weeks.
Editor’s Note: Photography available upon request.
About The McBride Company
For more than 30 years, The McBride Company, a creative concept and design firm, has specialized in cultivating experiences that become destinations for clients in the hospitality and leisure industries. The firm’s ability to successfully design experiential spaces helps clients achieve measurable business objectives while providing guests more enjoyable experiences. From the design and branding of all U.S. Margaritaville restaurants, hotels and casinos to the conceptual planning and design of Hard Rock cafes, the firm’s work is experienced and enjoyed by millions of people across the globe each year.
The firm’s clients represent nearly every facet of the hospitality and leisure industries and include Margaritaville, Pyramid/Destiny USA, Smithsonian Institution, Simon Property Group, The Walt Disney Company, Universal, Breakers Hotel, and Discovery Channel. The McBride Company provides a wide range of services including conceptual design, architecture, interior design, graphic design, special feature design, art direction and strategic planning.
The McBride Company has offices in Manchester Center, Vermont, and Miami, Florida. For more information, visit www.mcbridedesign.com and connect with The McBride Company on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.